10/31/08

Halloween! How About a Scary Review?

Alright, I am all dressed up in my sweater in jeans for the scariest day of the year! (see: sarcasm) Halloween is not scary anymore, not after I bought F.E.A.R. FEAR is a PC game that has some of the scariest junk you will ever glimpse through a lit screen. After 2 hours of downloading it, I finally pressed play...and nothing happened. The game started off much like the demo I had played a couple weeks earlier. Then a bloody face appeared on the screen in the middle of someone talking to me. The screen turned white momentarily until the character's eyes began to clear. He was lying down on a table of some sort staring into a blinding light. The game immediatly flashed back to reality, and I slowly backed away.

After I got over my first FEAR of the game, I sat back down and put my hand on the mouse. I was in some building where I was required to take care of a mad squad of clones that had just let loose a vampire from jail. A vampire. So I walk through the building, and for the most part, not too much scariness jumps out at me. I reach the roof, turn a corner, and get smacked square in the face by the vampire. No, that was not very nice. The rest of the game followed suit with people jumping out and hiding behind every corner, waiting to shred me to pieces. By the time I had gotten into an office building where cloaked, malfunctioning droids that could travel at the speed of a car were jumping from the ceiling and the walls, I was ready to go to bed. And I never even mentioned the little creepy girl.

Way too much scariness, but still, it was one of the most fun times I've ever had playing a game, and it got my heart rate up higher than any workout ever has. If you aren't faint of heart, check it out.

No comments: